Monday, April 17, 2006

The First Official Day of Hibernation

The weekend is gone and today starts the spring hibernation in ernst. Today was one of those days where I could take stock on a few things that I've let slide over the last few weeks, watch the Red Sox and Boston Marathon, and play with CamMad. Parent2 spent the late morning and afternoon at work and catching up with a friend which gave me the opportunity to have the undivided attention of CamMad.

I hate writing this for the wrath I'm about to face but CamMad spent a lot of time playing with each other and only involving me for short spurts. I have a funny feeling if Parent2 was home the clingons would have been like velcro on felt. During the nap time routine Child1 and I watched a little Red Sox while eating lunch and got to spend some quality time doing stuff around the house. By the time that Child2 woke up and we got things together to head to the local playground Parent2 came home. I hope that Parent2 doesn't think I waiting until that point to go but that's how things turned out. We went as a family and had a great time. Again our timing worked out because it rained shortly after we left.

We (okay I'm) hoping that we are able to keep the night-time routine as similar as we can to help the transition from hibernation time to school time. Tonight worked!!!! One down and a few more to go.

Tomorrow's agenda: Chuck E. Cheese, vacuum shopping, haircut, and continuing to cross off projects at home. Doesn't that sound like a winner? Eventually we, as a family, can work up to trips to far away places.

Powered by Bleezer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home