Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It is about the small things we can do

Tonight was my "free" night to get work down. The plan was to get out of "jail" early and get the 39 + 1 year old their birthday gifts. Don't ask what they are because I won't tell. Anyway the reality was I had a late afternoon meeting which pushed back my timetables by 90 minutes. CamMad got home way before me tonight and child2 was sad that I wasn't home yet. Thanks to the top 5 invention/top 5 detriment, the cell phone, child2 was able to talk to me on the phone. Parent2 remarked how quickly a smile appeared and was able to make it until night-night time. When I got home I was told to go right up and wish child2 a good night. Child2 was very cute as sleep just about won the battle. I was able to say goodnight and child2 went to sleep. Child1 fought the whole night-night process (big shocker). Who would have thought that a quick hi, did you have a good day, be good could change ones disposition. Sometimes parents forget the little things can make a big difference in their lives. Parent and cat owners please think about the small things things that can make a difference in the small ones in our lives.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Kitties like it when you scratch their widdle chinnies. That's all I have the energy for tonight! Does it count?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home