Sunday, January 08, 2006

What I'm reduced to on a Sunday without the Patriots...

I'm not sure how to proceed on Sunday afternoons during the school year without the Patriots and/or Academic Decathlon occupying my time. If today is any indication golf season can not get here fast enough.

Strawberry Shortcake has become a familar site. Here is a nice picture of the puzzle we did today. For those who are not up on your Strawberry Shortcake characters, she is standing there with Angel Cake.



We struggled through the puzzle because the box actually contained two puzzles. Unfortunately we had to put together both puzzles and only one of them was complete. Then child 2 decided to destroy the puzzle before we could bag it up. (ADD moment: I just watched the promo for 24 and it looks like my Monday night TV quality time is firmly set between now and the end of May).

Actually it was nice family time. I was able to have CamMad help out and the SoundDock was blasting music with the Giants-Panthers game on in the background. I'm trying to train CamMad the finer points of Bono's and Edge's finer work. Sometimes we are successful and other times I hear, "Can we listen to Jimmy Buffet, the Beach Boys, or Laurie Berkner?" The first two are okay and no offense to Laurie Berkner (she has bailed us out of many car rides) but she is not on my playlists for the adults.

2 Comments:

At 7:38 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

When you were 20, did you ever picture yourself doing a Strawberry Shortcake puzzle? And being challenged by it? And being proud of knowing who the characters were?

 
At 10:01 PM , Blogger mrichme said...

When I was 20 I was worrying about what were some of the new cds at Newbury Comics and Tower Records. Strawberry Shortcake was the scary dessert in the dinning commons (in some ways it still is). The characters at that time I was familar with was Rolling Rock, Bud Light, and Bud.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home