Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday

Today we spent the day cleaning the rest of the house enjoying the fact that it is 50+ degrees. The house has the smell mixture of Pine-Sol, Multipurpose cleaner, and Endust. To para-quote Apocolypse Now, " I love the smell of cleaning supplies in the afternoon." I went to the grocery store to get the last minute items for our annual Super Bowl appetizer party. Sorry Sheepish I know how much you enjoyed the food and could care less about the game.

Speaking of the Super Bowl, we were talking about who did we want to win (Pittsburgh Steelers or the Seattle Seahawks for those of you who don't follow football). My response was Seattle no good reason really. I really just want a good game. Child1 response was the Patriots. We had to tell the Child that the Patriots were not playing. Child1 hasn't had that many experiences when the Patriots weren't in the Super Bowl. The Child took the news much better than when Johnny Damon signed with the Yankees. Child2 is pretty obvious to all the hustle bustle going on.

Tonight we are entertaining a co-worker of Parent2 and their spouse. We have a lot of different things on the menu and I subconsciously know that we have more than enough food but I'm like my relatives who stress out and when the moment gets here there is so much food that people go home with the leftovers. Even though I realized we probably had enough food I still went out and bought more things. The things I bought I can't even take to work with me. Reheating jalapeno poppers just doesn't have the appeal as a sandwhich. I am probably most excited about making the Buffalo tenders. I don't very often get the chance to make it but I when I do the house has a great smell that cleans the sinus. The stuffed mushrooms might be a close second. I had to put some veggies on the menu and between the celery sticks and the mushrooms I can enjoy the other items that might not be as healthy. I hope everyone out there enjoys the games and stays safe. CamMad will probably be asleep by halftime dreaming of things that only the young and naive can dream of.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Dude, you're killing me here!!! Enjoy something fried and crunchy for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home