Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The positive side of ADD in the young

By no way am I saying that Child1 has ADD but the young show ADD tendencies. I am amazed how children can go from one emotion to another one quickly. As a parent you get yourself prepped to handle a near meltdown situation and when you confront the situation it is just a moment for the child and with the distraction factor it's a non-issue. That happened to me today with Child1. There was a situation in which Child1 was going to be big-time disappointed and I was gearing up to handle the situation. By the time I was ready to step in and diffuse the bomb the bomb was already disarmed by a great teacher. I knew that my presence was going to be a trigger so I walked away happy knowing that another one of life's bullets was dodged.

Today was only one example of how this occurs. I've seen with children as they get older the distraction factor becomes less of an impact due to the concentration levels sharpening. Today I am appreciative that Child1 is still young enough to handle the distraction factor. I know that one day it will change but for now I will use it when it is necessary.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Thank Heaven for the good teachers!!! Can I have his/her number? I have a few in my class who are hyper-focusing on the dumbest things right now!!! (Yu-Gi-Oh, the snacks of others, the fact that I don't actually control time and can't make recess be longer...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home