Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sorry for the lack of postings

This week has been a busy week in the land of CamMad. The 'rents have had later meetings and the kids had successful weeks that got us out of routines. For some reason when we get out of our routine there isn't as much time (funny how that happens) to blog. Anyway let me provide you (the reader) a recap of the last few days.

The tooth fairy has not made the deposit but it could be any day now. That tooth must be holding on by a thread. Speaking of the child with a loose tooth, the accolades continue as that child was named Student of the Month under the theme of responsibility. We are very proud of that child!

Not to be outdone the other sibling has been dry the last couple of days. Maybe the need for those designer undergarments may be a thing of the past. No good deed goes unpunished though as we will have to start remember any and all rest stops between destinations!

Yesterday was a needed rest day. Yes we were lazy bums despite the fact that there is so much to do this time of the year. Parent2 did venture out to the shops in the afternoon, the rest of the family was suppose to accompany the parent but someone decided it was more important to get some sleep.

Oh yea I forgot to mention my travels Friday morning. CamMad lives in a rural area of the state where we rely on municipal services to keep the roads clear because regular traffic patterns don't cut it. Well for the first storm of the 06-07 season the crews must have decided they needed to sleep in because we took our lives in own hands to make it to our destination.

Our travel adventure started on our first "real" road. I knew it was a bad sign when you pass by a police officer who is traveling slowly with their lights on. The end of this road is a little hill with a bend. Did the road crew treat the road? NO! As I approached I saw an ambulance and more sherrif vehicles. I went to slow down and apply the brakes I realized I was on ice and the car then was at the mercy of the travel gods. All I saw was trees and a telephone pole. I remember saying to CamMad in the backseat, "Here we go!" I was thinking we were going to run into something for sure. As we skid by the pole and heading for the tree embakement the travel gods had pit for us and steered our car back on the road and to a complete stop without going into the intersection!

Did the kids freak in the back? One did! Did I have a near heart attack? Yes! Did I want to turn back and go back to bed? YES! Did I? NO!

The rest of the trip we found cars on the side of the road or cars kissing each other (with unhappy owners) and emergency vehicles scattered throughout the trip. Eventually we made it to our destination (a trip that normally takes 30 minutes took 50 minutes). The rest of the day was fine as the storm stopped and the sun came out.

Xmas shopping is coming together but I think we need just one day to get it all done. Do I think the 'rents can get one day? No way Jose! Maybe someone in the future would be willing to watch CamMad so the 'rents could have a kid-free shopping experience. Well one could always wish...

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I am soooooooo very glad that I was spared that morning commute! We had a two hour delay, but I still think it all would have been quite horrid. As it was, I didn't need to venture out until after 11:00 and things had wound down by then.

Good luck with the rest of the shopping. I'm still not sure if I'm gonna make it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home