Sunday, March 12, 2006

A fish in a different pond

Tonight I'm blogging not from my home or any family member's house but from a fancy hotel room.
I'm attending a workshop with a national speaker. Tonight was the opening session. The speaker gave me a lot to think about (which is a good thing). Just a note as much as I complain or comment about the night-night routine I really missed it tonight. I miss going upstairs to give Child2 a good night hug when summond and I miss the quality time with Child1.

Back to the discussion tonight, the theme of the discussion was centered around the school of the future, 2012 to be exact, and the role of technology. There were a lot of things I agree with the speaker on but I can't seem to shake this feeling that a virtual world needs to have a human element in order for humans to have the accountability factor that the Internet gives such a false sense of today. By 2012 CamMad will be hovering around that pre-teenager phase (oh my goodness) and I can't imagine or is it that I don't want to think about what life is going to be like.

Parents today feel a disconnect with the technology that is integrated into a teenagers life I'm fascinated with the prospects of what it will be like. Today it is myspace, ipods, IM, and cell phones who knows what it will be in 6 years or so. With Moore's Law technology in 6 years will be radically different. The type of computing capabilities that corporations have know will be smaller (really small-think ipod micron) and integrated with everyday items like a pair of glasses or contact lenses. Technology will only be limited by the imagination.

What a Brave New World CamMad will live in.

Powered by Bleezer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home