Monday, March 06, 2006

Rush, rush, rush, we must be done in time for 24

That title describes my afternoon. I've been busy bee doing as many of the have-tos because when 8:00 rolls around I want to be able to enjoy 2 hours of 24 on my schedule. Dishes are done, living room is slightly picked up, clothes are picked out for the morning, replaced the toilet lever (very very important), and spent some quality time with CamMad. I even snuck in some time to deal with work issues. Now I can relax and finish picking up the living room (thank goodness for commercials) while watching 24. I'm not hooked on the show, I know hooked and I'm not hooked!

Today was one of those no rhythm type of days. Unfortunately I think it is going to be one of those type of weeks. I've taken the attitude, don't sweat it and what will happen will happen whether you stress over it or not. Today that attitude paid off. I'm hoping success will continue throughout the week.

CamMad had a good day. Child1 got to spend some quality time Parent2 due to a meeting that kept me at work late. The weather was nice so Child1 was also able to play outside and get some necessary fresh air. We are hoping that Child2 is on the downside of the cold, or we hope! Unfortunately for us Child2 has the runny poops. The room lingers of a smell like halitosis. (okay this will be one of my 24 moments, Tony just realized that Michelle [his wife] is dead)

While I'm on the topic of Child2 it is amazing how quickly people can see changes. Over the last couple of weeks we've noticed the increase in clarity and vocabulary. People forget that people learn more in the first few years of life than they do over the next dozen years or so. The human brain and body are amazing machines. I wish we could harness more of that brain power to accomplish so much more as a society.

Catching up with the events of the weekend, Sheepish was a tremendous help as we did our part to make sure the MEAD State Competition ran as smooth as possible. We probably set a speed record in getting everything scanned and results printed. I'm not bragging but we did a great job and enjoyed some equally great music throughout the day. We even made some new friends. Probably our newest and best friend is Ben! Ben made our life interesting in the first hour. I had our worries that we were going to get way behind but we got to Ben like CTU agents.

Sunday was a nice family day in concept. There were some points when CamMad would act as a Clingon to Parent2. Causing stress for the both of us. Hopefully CamMad will develop the skills to lessen the strangle hold on Parent2 and place some of it on me or it will be a long childhood for everyone.

Another random thought coming to the front of the brain, all of us here at the House on the Hill are praying for a positive outcome from Friday's biopsy with CamMad's cousin. We've been down that road and may need to back down that road and realize it is not fun for either party (child or parent). The positive spin needs to be the knowledge that you will know what you're dealing with to make sure CamMad's cousin.

Powered by Bleezer

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

With some time and distance from the event, Ben is seeming less demonic and more like a typical high school kid. Interesting...

Will keep a good thought for the biopsy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home