Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'm thankful for CamMad

Tonight was one of those nights when I realized how thankful I am to have such wonderful children in my life. Today was not a gold-star type day at work. I don't like to use this blog to vent about work so I won't. I will say however that when I came home and saw how happy that CamMad was to see me I felt very thankful to know that people can still unconditionally love. Please don't read into that comment. Parent2 and I still love each other very much.

The comment more refers to the fact that my children help keep me centered and grounded. Even though things may not be great my outlook can change just being a part of their lives. The opposite occurs when things are going well for me, the kiderroos have the uncanny ability to bring back to reality really fast. Some days I may take this relationship for granted but I couldn't imagine my life without them being in it.

Anyway, Child1 each day shows me how much full-day kindergarten can really help give children every advantage they can in a NCLB world. Today we were working in a kindergarten workbook and we realized that this stuff is too easy. I guess a trip to the bookstore is in order so I can pick up a first grade workbook to keep up with Child1.

Child2 is doing better going to sleep. We haven't had the banging on the door (knock on wood) but now we are getting the waking up at 1 or 2 in the morning and not going to sleep unless Parent2 hangs out. The grass is never greener on the other side is oh so true.

Quote of the day: Author Unknown-Stay ahead of culture by creating the culture.

Powered by Bleezer

1 Comments:

At 10:01 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Is it wrong for me to feel better knowing that other people are having "workplace angst" right now? Guess it's the time of year. Glad to hear that Child1 &2 are taking those developmental leaps and bounds! Isn't full day K amazing?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home