Monday, May 01, 2006

Blogging Hiatus Recap

In some ways I wanted to blog over the last few days as there as been some good material out there but I needed a break from work (with all of the garbage related to it) and technology. I threw myself into this weekend's Patriots draft (it showed how much I miss football season) and family activities. I am going to try to get back into the swing of things with this blog.

When I last blogged you heard how thankful I was for CamMad being a part of my life. Well I still am thankful but there lives have made me a little coo-koo. Thursday night we went to Child1's Author's Night. It was great seeing so many people coming to school for a non-sports related event. We were able to witness the literature Child1 has created over the course of the year. I've been able to watch the growth over time but Parent2 was able to see the same growth over time that I've been able to watch.

Friday was an early release at work and Child1 tagged along with me. At first we had a hard time transitioning but Child1 was able to make the transition and had a good afternoon. We were able to leave work early enough that we were able to fit an ice-cream run by Scary Amy's place before picking up Child2. I got to admit the ice cream tasted really good. I'm not sure if it tasted good due to the actual taste or the timing of the ice cream and the relief it provided. When we got home we fired up the grill and had a nice dinner with our neighbor across the street.

Saturday provided a day which we were able to play, clean, and be happy. As a family we got to sleep in a little and do some of our household chores. By the time the weather warmed up we were able to play outside until the bugs (blackflies) were able to pick us up and carry us back into the house.

Child1 and I were able to go out during nap time and go to the local driving range to play mini-putt. This was the first experience that Child1 had beyond the putting area at Dick's Sporting Goods. By no means is Child1 going to be next Tiger Woods or Michelle Wie but we had fun. In fact, each of us made a hole in one and we had a great time. We were the only ones on the course we could take our time and I could teach the little one some things about putting. It was very nice to spend some quality time showing a little bit of what I like to do as a hobby.

Sunday rolled around and another great weather day. We had made arrangements to take CamMad's cousin for a little while as the Aunt and Uncle get some rest and finish projects before the baby pops out and greets everyone. We took the kiddies to Fort Williams and their playground which was designed for kids their age. While the kids played with Parent2 I went to go birthday shopping for Child1.

This just in from 24-Chloe used her taser on a drunk man. Pretty funny.

Back to the playdate...When I got back to pick them up the park was full of people enjoying the weather and Casco Bay looked gorgeous with the ocean water crashing into the rocks. You could see the kites flying, people walking or riding their bikes, soccer games at the fields, and CamMad having the time of their life playing. Everyone was having a great time.

By the time we got home the day was 2/3rds complete and I didn't even have time to start my work but I got to admit I didn't really have the drive to get the work done (not that I have it now). I knew what the night time was going to provide and it wasn't pretty. The night time brought on insomnia and true desire for summer hibernation.

Today was a day which was like any other first Monday of the month with one exception. Today was the first Yankees vs. Red Sox showdown. More importantly in CamMad's circles to the game was the return of Johnny "True Greedy Idiot" Damon to Boston. Everyone was excited to see the Fenway faithfull's reaction and it did not disappoint.

Until tomorrow or the end of the Red Sox game...

Powered by Bleezer

1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Haven't heard from you in awhile...hope everything is OK!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home