Sunday, January 22, 2006

Patriots withdrawl

I can't bring myself to watch the AFC Championship game where the Patriots are not playing in it. I will watch the NFC game and I will probably watch the Super Bowl in two weeks but today it is just weird not have a weekend where the Patriots are a focal point of the weekend. Even the off week I was still watching football knowing that I was getting the sense of a team the Pats would be playing next week or later on in the season. This is not a good feeling.

I'm finding myself gravitating much like the Boston Sports Media Machine to the Red Sox. The draft is not until April and that is too far away. Red Sox spring training doesn't even get started for another month. What am I going to do to help fill the void left by the Patriots. Time with CamMad will only go so far and I don't have Academic Decathlon to fill the time as it had in the last 13 years. I think I will strongly investigate the whole indoor golfing scene. Fortunately I live relatively close (within a half-hour) of a fairly nice place to go. Please don't even suggest the whole Arena Football concept. A football score should not resemble a poorly played NBA basketball final score.

As with most things in life this situation will take care of itself in one form or another.

3 Comments:

At 8:41 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

My parents just got their Spring Training tickets for the winter. Oddly enough, they seemed quite excited to get Yankees tix. Not sure what that's about. Anyway, I'm not sure what's out there for professional help, but I'm sure that there is a hotline somewhere. Since the term "LYS" was used in a recent post, perhaps mrichme is going to take up a fiber-related pursuit? Most impressive!

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger mrichme said...

Sheepish,

There is a Friday night group in NYC that is geared towards males who knit. It was on Weekend Today. I don't think I'm going to go that route but I will be supportive to those who do.

 
At 8:53 PM , Blogger mrichme said...

Auntie,

Why do we watch movies that we know how it ends because we've seen it over and over again? It entertains us and hopefully keeps us out of trouble. If he is betting on the results then you have a problem.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home