Sunday, November 05, 2006

A GTD Weekend!

The CamMad household enjoyed a weekend where things got done! Friday night I had so much on my mind that I couldn't relax until I made one of my famous lists. The list had a GTD (getting things done) theme to it. We definitely were busy but it was good because we got a lot accomplished.

Saturday started off as a Santa little helper feel to it. I can't go into more detail because I never know who might be reading this blog. We needed to get other things done around the "mall" so we decided let's just get it done and we did. One of the stops was rakes to take care of the leaves in the front yard.

When we got home the first thing Child1 and I did was to rake the yard. To say there was a million leaves might be a stretch but definitely in the 6 figure amount. Our goal was to get the leaves put into clumps to tackle the next day in the famous "rake onto the tarp and drag it to the side". The side lot could be the ultimate mulching pit. This afternoon we made quick work on the leaves thanks to the hard work put in on Saturday.

Saturday night I installed the new router/VoIP box. The Internet connection was no problem. The VoIP was not able to make a connection. After some hair pulling experiences I decided to call customer support. I definitely wasn't talking to someone in the United States (thanks Tom Friedman for the heads-up) but we figured out that the address the company needs to make the magic work was given to someone else. So I had to go back to the store and make an exchange. Fortunately the second time around work well.

Today we tried to stick to our routine getting ready for a short week at work. Wish us well. Fortunately we were able to miss the worse of the full moon syndrome.

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Wowsers! The CamMad clan was productive this weekend...most impressive!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home