Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It has been 7 days since my last blog entry...

There are some many other things I should be doing right now but I feel like I need to purge for a little while. Lately I feel like I've been 2 steps behind where I should be. You know that feeling, the one where you are the hamster running on the wheel. You keep dealing yourself one of these times the wheel will break and I'll pull a Nemo and escape the rut. My problem lately has been I've been trying to catch up but I'm making no headway. Okay now that I've taken my moment I will get back to the main subjects: CamMad.

It has been a busy week in the CamMad household. I had a birthday during the "non-hurricane" over the weekend. Unfortunately I was helping the family close the camp and I was very wet and lacked electricity for a long time. CamMad enjoyed their time with Parent2 but they were very happy to have me home, even though when I came home it lacked electricity.

Monday night was spent watching the Pats game and getting ready for the big night in children's hearts: Halloween. Tuesday was spent torturing parents in rushing to get everything ready to deal with children who's goal it is to get the sugar rush for the next week or more. Tuesday night CamMad walked the neighborhood enjoying the un-Fall weather, temperature in the 50's.

Today was the famous "Sugar Crash Day". I was talking to a few teachers today who informed me of schools across the country who make November 1 a professional development day. After today I might agree with that concept. CamMad has been very cranky today and if we didn't have to wake them up the day may have been very different.

I had a lovely experience at the local DMV today. All I had to do was to get my license renewed for another 6 years. The last time was just before the digital license went into effect so I had to go in person to renew. I spent 50 minutes waiting for them to process my paperwork in 2 minutes and send me on their way. There was only 7 people in front of me. Do the math: people need to have their paperwork done ahead of time and help the rest of us get through the line as fast as we can.

Now I need to go back and try to get some more things done so I can feel like I'm catching up not getting further behind going into the holiday season...

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I can relate. I'm so far behind that I don't even remember what it was that I was rushing to get done.

Hope your birthday was happy despite the wicked winds and that the girls have recovered from their sugar blowout!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home