Sunday, October 15, 2006

Frying Food Does Taste Better

Let me start off by saying I hope I can finish this post in one sitting. This time it would not be CamMad that get in the way (notice the time stamp) it is our high speed Internet that has been inconsistent all day. The troubleshooting shows that it might be the VoIP router (great).

Today was a weird day. The Pats took the week off, I'll let them especially when they are 4-1! We got the cousins together at the Matriach's house. My brother thought he was going to clear the leaves at her house in 20 minutes. After 25 minutes I went to the local hardware store and bought a rake and the two of us were out there for another 45 minutes. The sad thing is that half of the leaves hadn't even fallen yet and we'll have to do it one more time, at least! I'm not sure which is worse shoveling snow or raking leaves. They're both tasks that have to be done but we definitely don't enjoy it. The only good side was the fact that I didn't feel guilty about what I ate at lunch.

After the raking we decided to take the Matriach out for lunch and thank her for putting up with the events of Friday the 13th. I'm not going to blog about the specifics as there are so many little stories that make up the day it wouldn't translate well in the written word. We decided to go to TGIFridays because of the kid-friendly atmosphere and the kids got to eat free! We decided to get some apps and my brother joked about the Fried Green Beans. More specifically he didn't think I would enjoy it. To his surprise I said "Sure let's get it!" I have to admit I enjoy green beans more now than I did when I was a kid (thank you Bentley College and your Chicken Bentley, Rice Pilaf, and Green Bean Almondine meals I lived off of my junior and senior year). The app was quite enjoyable. Child1 didn't know what to make of it. The whole concept of Fried Veggies was something totally out of the realm of reality.

We finished our meals and parted ways. Our next stop was to make our way to the Circle store and pick up some odds and ends. By the time we made it home most of the afternoon was gone and we had a lot of stuff still to do in order to face the fact that Monday is the next day. We did the absolute minimum and I'm not looking forward to the next few nights as we play catch up with the chores.

Well I just had to unplug the VoIP and I think I will be making a phone call to my VoIP service provider or making a trip to the local office supplies store tomorrow. Yeah me!

1 Comments:

At 6:41 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

You can fry pretty much anything and it suddenly gets better. Its like a rule or something...

Good luck with the router!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home