Friday, December 15, 2006

This elf is tired

It has been a very busy week getting all of the elfin' duties taken care of before showtime next weekend. I haven't been able to get it done in the traditional sense (after work or during the weekend) that I decided that I needed to take the bull by the horns and take a personal day from work to commit to my goal. Yesterday I must have walk the equivalent to 10 miles, dodged carts, swirved around slow people in the express lane of the Mall, and forsaked lunch in order to be on time for our Thursday night commitment. I didn't get it all done by I got enough that I feel I will be ready for showtime next weekend.

In the world of CamMad the excitement level is starting to grow. Child2 could be on the "naughty" list by next weekend if the trend continues. It is not like the child has been very bad but the ability to follow directions and listen at home has left a lot to be desired. Fortunately it is occurring at home and not anywhere else.

Cars rides are becoming incredibly stressful as I hear the same 2 xmas songs every day! At times they are sung in a round about, ugh! I've wanted to play The Chanukah Song in the car but it is definitely not appropriate for little ears! Next week I'm going to have to pull out the big guns of U2 and Springsteen to balance out the limited repertoire of Xmas songs CamMad has in their inventory.

I think in the GTD category for this weekend we are going to try to focus on the big things around the house so when siesta week comes around we can "enjoy" it without having to worry about cleaning.

I'll blog more over the weekend as my mind is mush after this week.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

My holiday is a train wreck. I've accepted that this is not going to be the year of great Christmas accomplishments. I may have the shopping done in time for Easter at my current rate.

Blah...

At least there is a siesta in the near future!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home