Thursday, February 16, 2006

Making the right decision

Today was a tough day at work as every Thursday tends to be. As we started the trek around the southern part of the state I noticed that Child1 was off, in a tired way. When I went to pick up Child2, Child1 didn't want to follow the plan before gymnastics. I even tried the phone call to Parent2 but to no avail. Even though Child1 wanted to go it was clear that going would have been a mistake. I'm often dumbfounded when parents push their children and then they have the meltdown. The parents are wondering why!

My gut instinct was right, the ride home was long and loud! When we got home the child wanted to go upstairs and sleep (well rest). By the time Parent2 got home the child calmed down. Little things throughout the night showed me that it wouldn't have been a good night with a meltdown if something didn't go the way Child1 wanted it to go. We just spend the evening being a family, which is odd for a Thursday night.

Lesson learned: "Listen to your children, they may not come right out and tell you but they will send off enough signals as to what they want.

At this point I'm mentally fried and I'm having a hard time concentrating on blogging so I bid you adieu and happy TGIF.

2 Comments:

At 5:56 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

There's also about 8 million different versions of the flu/cold/general malaise going around right now. Hope Child 1 isn't coming down right at the start of the vacation. Could put a crimp in her "challenge!"

 
At 9:24 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Wow!!! You were serious about this "challenge" thing...no computer contact for three whole days. Kudos!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home