Saturday, April 01, 2006

Our day at the Mall

A gorgeous morning with the temperatures in the 50's and how do you think CamMad spent the day, outside. Nope. At someone's house? Nope! CamMad spent the day at the Mall. We packed a lot into the day. We started off with the breakfast of champions: donut holes from Dunkin Donuts. Those morsals of donut-gooeyness were well received as we made the trek to the Mall.

The first store we went to: Dick's Sporting Goods. The goal: Replace that Johnny Damon t-shirt for a Big Papi t-shirt for Child1. Did we find what we were looking for? Not quite but we had fun anyway because Child1 and I got to practice our putting at the putting range set up in the store. Next stop: Borders!

The funny thing about going to Borders was the fact I got nothing for myself. CamMad got some magazines and books. I got Parent2 a new puzzle book. Parent2 also picked up a book for the classroom. Don't feel sorry for me I've got four books I haven't gotten to yet not to mention months of magazines that I need to catch up on. Next stop: Sports Authority.

Here we were making attempt number 2 trying to get our Red Sox equipment. Due to the fact that we were about to enter the Mall we decided it would be best to put out the portable travel device. The only problem with the portable travel device is they don't like escalators and the store is on the second floor! Solution: elevator ride. Did I mention that Child1 doesn't like elevators? We made it to the store and quickly realized that they haven't received their supplies for the season. Off to the next store!

Not so fast, we need to get off the second floor. We get to the elevator and wait for a little bit and I noticed that Child1 was getting antsy. I offer to take the child down the escalator and meet the elevator on the ground floor. We take the escalator down and go to the elevator. When we get there we see that the door is open and locked. This isn't good! We decide to go up and tell the rest of the family. Before we could get on the up escalator we see the rest of the family coming down the escalator. Did I mention that Parent2 has a slight fear of the escalator with the getting on and off part? Well, there is a slight apprehension there. Picture this: Parent2 in one hand holding Child2 and the other hand holding the portable transportation device. This was a recipie for disaster! By the time I could get around Child1 , who was like a deer staring at headlights, I was able to help with the process of getting off the escalator.

The details may have been slightly enhanced for the sake of entertainment purposes but the actions are accurate.


Now we are ready for the next store but now we decide to spilt up I took Child1 and Parent2 took Child2. My group went to Olympia Sports bound and possessed to get that t-shirt. The other group went to Children's Place with the idea of getting a sweater for Child1's spring dress. Did the other group stick to the plan? Nooooooooo but I don't blame them. They went ahead and started getting stuff for CamMad's new cousin that is on the way. We didn't exactly stick to the plan either. We went ahead and got the replacement shirt and new shirts for everyone else in the family plus 2 hats for Child1 and I. We are ready for opening day! Just remember there are 2 teams we cheer for: the Red Sox and the team playing the Yankees!

After that we made our way through different stores in the Mall, including KBToys, Cingular, Best Buy, and the Disney Store without buying anything. Going to Linens N Things was a different story. Our trip into LnT started off innocently enough, we were looking for a comforter cover for the down comforter that I got Parent2 back in January. We found one that would work and then i took Child1 to look at Yankee Candles. That was the start of a very expensive splurge. We found some nice scents that I was told that I had to follow the rest of the family. When we stopped we found the ottoman that matches our living room set. We said we should get it, especially when we thought it was $60. I went to cash out and I found out it was $100. A little more than we anticipated. At that point we were like "if this is not a perfect match we will send it back." Off to Build-A-Bear!

We look at some nice outfits for the stuffed animals the CamMad has accumulated over the last couple years. We decide on a Cheering outfit for Mitch (yes Mitch is a girl!) over the Red Sox uniform. After that we leave for another store and we see the picture area with the Easter Bunny. This is when I knew we were getting close to meltdown time. Child1 wanted in the worst way to have a picture taken with the Easter Bunny. It took both of the 'rents to put on the sales pitch of the day but we made it without any blood nor tears shed!

Our last store: JCPenney. Today was one of the regular "Big Big Sales". I didn't see anything I had to buy. Maybe that was due to the $ spent at Olympia Sports and LnT but nothing called my name. The same could not be said by Parent2 and clothes for CamMad. CamMad ended up with some nice clothes at a reasonable price so I'm not going to complain nor embelish the details.

We make our way to the car to check out the loot. Parent2 started to take a fancy to the hat that Child1 had gotten earlier in the day! (A little forshadowing for those who care) After a quick stop at the gas station and Panera bakery for some bagels in the AM we decided to head home. The ride home found Parent2 and Child2 falling asleep. Parent2 had the baseball hat on. At one point Child1, the rightful owner, said "Can I have my hat back?" While driving I carefully took the hat off of the head of the sleeping parent and gave it back to the rightful owner without waking Parent2. Cutting the story short...Parent2 wants to make a trip tomorrow to get a hat to call their own.

All in all today was a very nice day and not because we spent money and bought things. We had a nice day because everyone was together and had a great time! Now Child2 is slightly under the weather. We're hoping a quick recovery as well as we are hoping that Sosa has a quick recovery.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Yeesh...such a busy day. Almost makes me feel guilty for the whole buncha nuttin' I did today. I'll get over it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home