Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sleep is that one thing...

Remember back to the movie "City Slickers" the one that featured Billy Crystal and Jack Pallance. The memorable scene of the movie was Curley pointing his finger at Mitch and saying life is about finding that one thing. Mitch asks what "it" is and Curley's response was that "it" was different for each person. Well I think I know what "it" is for CamMad and family...sleep.

Last night the giant meltdown Child1 had was cured by an extra hour of sleep (big deal as Child1 fights sleep with a passion). Child2 did not have a great night of sleep and was off this morning but after a 3 hour nap (on par with Sheepish's naps when she is not in school) Child2 was back to the perky self that everyone else knows. Unfortunately right now Child2 is driving me bonkers with the constant chatter.

Even the 'rents find that sleep is crucial. I can speak for myself but when I'm just about over my head with the amount of work that needs to be done I regenerate with an extra hour or two of sleep. On an interesting note there is a great article on the back page of the March 13th issue of Time magazine. One of the insights I found out was sleeping only 6 hours a night for a week makes you as tired on the seventh night as if you had had no sleep at all. Wow! That explains a lot. The given assumption is that the average night of sleep is 8 hours.

What does it all mean? We are always looking for time in our schedules to maximize sleep. Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. Just remember when you're feeling sluggish make the time to get some extra sleep.

Powered by Bleezer

2 Comments:

At 7:00 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I need a nap. Badly.

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger mrichme said...

By the power vested by me, you may take a nap.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home