Wednesday, August 09, 2006

We're back

Actually we've been back since Saturday but tonight is the first time I've really felt like blogging. This time of the year is really hard for me because I'm still on hibernation but I know I need to get ready for reality. It is the educators purgatory!

Some of you got a special invitation to another site that is similar to this one. Let me set the record straight: this site will remain and the two are not duplicates of each other. The purpose of the other site is to let CamMad have their own family friendly space. This site will be more for the parents to boast, vent, commiserate, or just purge our souls. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

The last couple of days we've been transitioning back from our trek to Camden. It was great but habits that work in Camden don't work at home. It has been a bit of a struggle at times, Child2 has been dependent of us to go to sleep at night or Child1 expecting 100% of our attention (okay this one isn't really different based on the words but it is) but CamMad is getting back into the routine.

One thing that has annoyed me over the last couple of days as it has been the inability of getting tasks outside the house done. I've been alone handling the day to day business while Parent2 fulfills some work obligations and each day I've tried to get some errands done in a futile attempt to escape purgatory. This has not gone well due to naps, morning alertness, and CamMad's desire not to ride in the car. Some of you are probably saying one of two things "Whaaaaaannnnnnnhhhhh" or "Who is the parent here?" Let me take each of these on one at a time: "Whaaaaannnnnnhhhh"-I know that but I that's where I am right now. "Who is the parent here?"-I know I am but I'm not willing to sit in a car listening to whinning and complaining as limits are being set in a small confined area for the length of time it takes to get to civilization. If the errands were important I would be drawing the line in the sand but these errands are more like the first steps in getting back into a routine of balancing family time, work, and family obligations.

Okay I'm now off the self-pity train!

This summer Child2 has been taking gymnastic lessons through the town rec department. Child2 is not going to be an Olympian or even persue it as an sport but it is still fun watching the little one go through the paces. This week was the first time I've gone and watched Child2 practice on the tramp, walking the beam, and doing all of the rolls. It was a lot of fun watching Child2 get excited.

Child1 has been busy being a kid in the summer time. Being concerned about the educational development for Child1 we encourage reading and writing but we want Child1 to enjoy these great summer days while they are still here.

We've been told we need to make a road trip to NH and experience StoryLand. That was on my Summer-To-Do list but I look at the calendar and what we've got going on and wonder how we're going to fit it in. That may be a September weekend trip although September weekends have Apple picking and Pumpkin patches in our future so who knows.

Child1 and I have spent a little time talking about the fall. I'm not going to speak for Child1 but I'm very excited about football season getting started. Each year I've secured a special outfit for game days this year we're going for an upgrade. We are gonig to get the Youth jersey of Child1's favorite player, Tom Brady! I'm not sure we'll get it in time for the first preseason game (this Friday) but Child1 will be proudly wearing the jersey for the September 10th opener against the Bills. BTW, I'll be at the Jets game in November thanks to Parent2's cousin in RI who has season tickets.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring...maybe I'll get those errands done!

1 Comments:

At 1:38 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Optimism is a good thing in a parent. Welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home