Friday, July 07, 2006

Seriously, who is giving my kid a caffeine shot?

As I am writing this Child2 is up to the antics that we've come to learn and love from Child1. The last hour before we put the kids to bed Child2 was complaining and saying that "I ready for bed." In the past that meant that the Child would be asleep within 15 minutes. When we try Child1 settles right down and Child1 is putting on a show for any and all to see.

I want to say when the lights go off someone is giving my kid a caffeine shot. Maybe Criss Angel or David Blaine is performing a trick and we will be in their next TV special or someone is starting up a kid friendly version of Punk'd. If either is the case then okay the joke is on us and now give us back our Child2 who enjoys going to bed, please! For the sanity of the parents I beg of you please!

On a serious note, today we decided to go to the coastline to help cool us down from the heat (notice I didn't say humidity!). That didn't work today. CamMad filled up the car with Ali-Mo and we went to Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth. It was a gorgeous day but it was hot! We played at their playground, took a short walk, almost interrupted a wedding (they really should have blocked it off better), had a picinic lunch in the gazebo, and checked out the lighthouse. All-in-all we had a great time, despite the heat. Don't they say it is always cooler right on the coast?

Then I had to come back to reality. I'm taking two weeks of courses in order to meet state guidelines. I wanted to get all of my have-tos done before I come on campus so I can just focus on the classes (which I'm sure that I will have some good venting posts in the near future). The first two stops went fast parking pass (they've smartened up and incorporated the cost into tuition) and my Husky ID (boy now I feel smahtah). I next needed to go to the bookstore and get a book, which might I add that if I had done my homework I could have gotten the book through Amazon.com for $10 less than the bookstore...can you say price gouging?

I wasn't terribly impressed with the bookstore. Don't you think you would have the bookstore looking great this time of the year when tours are starting up and influential teachers come on campus? That was definitely not the case. Half of the bookstore was being remodeled and if it wasn't being remodeled then it was not filled with inventory. There was no cooler filled with cold soda or water (which I probably would have paid a premium for it). I guess I will chalk it up to the fact that it is a state school and the Governor has not been kind to the University system.

Last stop, activate my computer privileges, oh joy! You have to have an active account in orde to access any of the IT stuff on campus (wireless being the biggest reason). I fill out the necessary paperwork and sign what I need to sign then I get the joke that is 90's. "Hey, weren't you on Seinfeld?" This time it was prefaced with the fact that there was already my namesake activated within the system I needed to be known as CamMad D. Dad. The staff (who I could have had as students age-wise) help me activate the account (treating me like I'm a computer idiot) and tell me about the email address. For the next two weeks I'm going to dump the 8 other email addresses (not joking) I have to strickly use my college address, I DON'T THINK SO! They might have heard my sarcasim and mention to me that I may want to create a mail rule to have my college mail forwarded to my main address as "All official school business is done through this email address!" Which I probably will do soon enough.

Now I'm ready to be a college student again, yeah me! I hope Child2 has gone to sleep...

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I'll just say, "yikes!" and leave it at that...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home