Sunday, July 16, 2006

A great Sunday in the summer time

Today was one of those days that makes it great to live where I do. This morning the kids woke me up earlier than I wanted to be up but the kids we happy to just to hang out and watch their shows. We finally got going late morning and made our way to a PYO raspberry patch. As a family we picked 4 quarts (3 for us and 1 for Grammy). We had a great time and CamMad had a blast picking. They did a good job picking. Here is a picture of our loot:
One of these quarts will soon be a raspberry pie. I can't wait until I get home from class tomorrow night.

I forgot to mention that we were practically the only ones in the patch so after paying for our loot one of the owners was very generous and gave us a ride on their truck to the car. We were very thankful and appreciative! Thank you Snell Family Farm . That was probably CamMad's favorite part of the picking.

We dropped off our loot with Grammy and hung out for a little while. We made our way back home and had a quick lunch then we made our way down to the lake to cool off. It was nice to cool off down there. We got a chance to swim around and jump the waves. Next thing I know I'm looking around and the next thing I see is Child1 going underwater (yes the Child wanted to ). On the fourth the child went under but left the top of the head dry. Today the Child committed to the idea and went all the way underwater. I caught the act out of the corner of my eye but it was thrilling. People who know Child1 know that she isn't necessarily known as a risktaker and maybe that is what it made the accomplishment so special. When I pointed out what I saw Child1 didn't over and over again to show everyone. Who knows next weekend in Camden Child1 may be jumping off the dock.

With such a busy day we are trying to keep the early evening calm so that sleeping will occur at a decent time tonight. I hopefully haven't jinxed sleeping tonight. All I know is that I have to set the alarm tonight and I'm not happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home