Saturday, July 15, 2006

Week in Review

This has been a quiet week in terms of keeping up with CamMad as I've been in a class (which I won't blog about for fear of retribution). Here is the quick recap: play, eat, sleep, drive Parent2 bonkers with the constant need of attention, and trying to stay cool by playing in the new playroom.

Now for the longer version, CamMad had a lot of visitors to play with this week, cousins and neighbors came over to play as well as they going to playgrounds. In order to beat the heat CamMad had a lot of frozen pops and playing in the basement, the new playroom. Due to summer commitments for Parent2 and my class CamMad got to spend an afternoon with Grammy and some time at school.

It was great to come home every afternoon watching CamMad come running to greet me (when it wasn't raining). I tried to balance my work with play time for CamMad. That time was great to reconnect and thankful the weather kept me up later (I wish it worked that well during the school year). I do have to admit by Friday I was glad the weekend was here. I've got to do it all over again next week but the call of Camden will keep me motivated.

Today was a different story. We had a leisure morning (as is traditional on Saturdays) then put together a plan for the day (which changed 3 times). The heat droves us outside and we decided to hold our second annual sprinkler derby. We set up the Sit-N-Spin at an angle and took turns cooling down running through the drops. There were times we pushed each other in or got a bucket dumped on us or rode through the sprinkler on the garden cart. Everyone had a great time. Not wanting to heat up the kitchen we did the All-American thing, pizza from the local take-out.

Tomorrow we are due for another day of heat! We're thinking of going to a local raspberry patch in the AM and other things to keep up cool, like a trip to the lake. I hope everyone else has a plan to stay cool!

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I have decided to deal with the heat by complaining about it. This is not proving to be all that effective, but I'm going to stick with it. Perhaps if I just whine a bit louder...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home