Monday, September 04, 2006

Do I have to...

This represents my last post...before the school year starts. The school year seems to provide better blogging opportunities. Faithful readers are probably scratching their heads now but realize that we have better quality time even though our quantity time goes way down.

Child1 is so looking forward to the beginning of the school year. I haven't had the heart to to tell her that my excitement level isn't there yet. I think I just need to immerse myself in the environment to get to that excitement level. I'm excited that I'll be able to walk Child1 to the classroom. That was a very special moment for me last year and I'm looking forward to it again this year.

Child2 will not be ignored on this posting. We've spent the better part of the weekend working on potty training. At times it has been very exciting but at others it has been very frustrating. This morning was a good example. Child2 woke up at 4:30 am! and we started with the liquid with no peeing by 9:15 when the request for a nap was taken seriously. The kid took a nap and stayed dry (yippee). We continued to put said child on the potty because we knew we were on borrowed time but to no avail. We decide to let the child go play with Child1 down in the basement. Within 2 minutes a gallon of liquid must have come out of that child. To everyone else this would have been very funny but to the 'rents it represented frustration. Oh the joys of potty training.

We've tried to lay low this past weekend as this is going to be a very busy week not to mention the potty training. So there is really nothing else to blog about tonight without getting all about me (which is not necessary). There may not be an entry tomorrow as we have Child1's Parent Information Night. Happy Labor Day everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home