Friday, August 18, 2006

The Adrenaline Rush is Over

As Parent2 is enjoying Michigan the rest of us are having fun here at the homestead. Tonight it is becoming clear that the adrenaline rush is over. I think the kids are having a good time even though Parent2 is away. Today we stayed at home and went to visit the older generations this afternoon/early evening. We made it home from dinner in time for the Friday night Mickey Mouse Network Shows. Fortunately we were spared the worst of the Red Sox loss this afternoon. Hopefully we'll be sleeping through tonight's game.

Tonight we went out to dinner with Grammy and Aunt Gina at the 99. We had a great meal and the company was nice. I had the chance to have some adult talk time in a face to face manner. The stars of the show were still CamMad but what else is new. On our way out we ran into Child1's teachers, this year as well as last year. It made for an interesting site. The teachers were out for a social dinner and I don't think they were expecting to run into one of their students.

Funny story from yesterday, we went to the dollar store. Okay that wasn't the funny part. Anyway I decided to get headphones for work. At a $1 each I thought this would be a good price to pick up enough for the lab plus a few extra. Next thing I know I've picked up 40 headphone (I figure some of them will be duds). At the register I told the clerk how many I had and her response was, "I have to ring them in individually!" My response, "Oy!" It was funny to see CamMad and I carry the bags of headphones. The return on this investment will be a lot for my sanity.


Tomorrow's activities: Teacher Appreciation Day and a trip to Wally-World to finish back to school supply shopping.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Do any of us ever really expect to see students when we are out and about? Deep, deep down, don't we sorta believe that they are robots that hang on hooks for the summer until it is time to torture us again?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home