Saturday, November 18, 2006

An extension to the long day

There was one fact that I left out about the long day: the skunk! When I drove in the driveway I saw a white object moving around. At first I thought it was a cat but when I got closer to it I noticed it had a elements of black and a big fluffy tail. It was a skunk looking for food and it was about 10 feet away. Was I scared of that skunk hurting me? NO! Was I scared of that skunk being afraid of me and spraying me? YES!

I decided it would be best to wait in the car until the skunk moved away. Which I did but the skunk knew that was something new in the area because it sensed I was around and started to make its way over. My heart was beating hard but I thought the best course of action would be to stop and stand still. The skunk also stopped but I was only 3 steps and a set of stairs from the door. So the skunk and I started a dance (skunk head down = 1 step) until I reached the stairs and the skunk was only 3 feet away from me (within the spray zone).

My heart was literally pounding out of my body while I weighed the options. I decided I had to make one big push and go for it. Now that I had the plan I had to wait for the moment. When the moment arrived I went for it and fortunately Mr./Mrs. Skunk (I wasn't that close) did not spray me. THANK YOU!

I went inside the tell the tale to the family. Unfortunately I scared CamMad because of my fear was translated. For that I'm sorry CamMad. Actually last night they came home in the dark and were scared even though there was no skunk in the yard.

Today is another GTD weekend as we prepare for Turkey Day at the CamMad house. I hope everyone can get outside and enjoy the sunshine before it goes away and the clouds come back.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Well, you certainly handled it better than a certain cat who used to rule the roost around here! I seem to recall many, many remedies needing to be applied. ;)

Have a fun weekend and get all those things done that need doing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home