Wednesday, November 15, 2006

One Day At A Time

To get back into the blogging habit I wanted to post another blog entry despite the fact that there isn't really anything new in CamMad's world. Today I'm going to shed a little light on my daytime job.

Each year we hold a Secret Santa at work. At first I was all for it, I didn't know any better. One year my boss had me. This person made my life miserable. She got me things that were fun and cute then things changed mid-week. The item was a toy gun that shot suctioncup darts. I was thinking "What a great stress relief break?" However, unknown to me, my boss saw it as a point to say that I was not modeling good behavior. My boss was a few sandwiches short of a picnic! The final gift was a tin full of pre-wrapped cookies. I was left emotionally scared and vowed never to do Secret Santa.

Fast forward to today. I was warned not to check my inbox by a co-worker. Eventually I had to check it and found a message from our Secret Santa Coordinator. She had volunteered me to participate. Fortunately I respect this person and didn't take it personally even though she understands my past. I didn't realize until later in the day that the Coordinator was attempting to get everyone at work involved this year to help us unite. Once I realized that I applauded the effort. I'm hoping my experience is better this year.

Tomorrow is Thursday and I may be blogging as I need to stay at work late to meet with the youth's parents and guardians. Unfortunately I will not be that busy. The group I work with plans a big feast and this year is no different.

Until later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home