Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Addition by Subtraction

http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com/2007/01/sometimes-you-add-to-your-life-by.html



Not very often do I like to mix my professional and personal lives in my blog but I read this posting from Vicki Davis (whom I respect tremendously). Vicki is a technology teacher in Georgia who has a similar background as mine (business background who found education as a calling).



Tonight Vicki blogged about life sometimes means that you add to your life by subtraction. Subtracting those things that carry little value or pleasure. Sometimes life is about the most simple and basic things and we needed to be reminded of that fact. Too often that reminder comes in the form of a life altering event (death, near-death, divorce, etc.).



I often tell my students and my children it is better to do a couple of things very well and to the best you can deliver than it is to do a lot of things only average. Addition sometimes means subtraction ("Did a former math teacher just say that?")

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

And now my head hurts. Should we be so philosophical right before a long weekend? Or should we take the hint and use the long weekend to clean up the house?

Hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home