Monday, December 25, 2006

Rounds 2 and 3 are in the books...

Everyone in the CamMad house is sleeping (except for me) as we've endured the marathon of the holiday season, rounds 2 and 3. Rounds 2 and 3 consists of gifts at the CamMad house and the cousins respectively. CamMad must have been very good in Santa's eyes because our house is bursting at the seams with the new clothes, toys, books, and just good stuff that was bestowed on CamMad by Santa and his elves.

Let me back track 19 hours ago when the final present was placed gently in front of the tree waiting for Santa to deliver his presents to all of the good boys and girls in the CamMad household. If it wasn't for the fact that we just got home and this is the first peace and quiet I've enjoyed today I would be showing pictures of the glorious bounty left behind. Santa even ate his cookies and let the 'deer have a quick snack. (I promise to deliver the picture tomorrow)

The gift I'm looking forward to in the world of CamMad is portable DVD that Santa brought. This might provide some sanity on those extended cars rides (although it didn't today-more on that later). Child1 is most excited about the contributions to the Molly phase and the ability to start a culinary career with the Easy Bake oven (watch out Sheepish). Child2 is probably most excited about the scooter.

The scooter is probably the gift that I'm ready to throw out after the car ride home from the cousin xmas party. For 45 minutes all I heard was "Can I play with scooter when we get home?", "Where is the scooter?", or "I want the scooter now!" Parent2 tried to feign sleeping hoping to lure Child2 into sleeping as Child1 was watching Full House Season 5 DVD. I was about to start up smoking and look for a pack of cigarettes and never come back. Everything work out in the end and everyone is home safe and sleeping allowing me some time to clean up and regain my sanity.

As I'm typing I've realized that in 12 hours round 5 starts up which might personally be the most painful round. Round 5 is a breakfast with all of the grandchildren hosted by my grandfather at the restaurant of his choosing. This year we are going to be going to a place that is the size of a large kitchen that is literally in Sheepish's backyard. There may be screams like, "Mickey, cut me! Cut me, Mickey!"

****Clarification-the quote is from Rocky so it is the trainer not the cat!****

Let me get back to the present and not stress about future events I have little to no control over. Parent2 got a few things to be excited about included new shoes, sweater, and a watch with CamMad's names engraved on it. I'm hoping the most exciting thing would be the Red Sox tickets I scored for next season. If nothing else the tickets represent a night of freedom!

On a personal note I'm excited about the tablet bestowed upon me. Sorry to those who provided me a lot of cooking related stuff. Those things were nice but I'm a techno-person who enjoys new things. I promise to post a picture of this device tomorrow. Am I going to turn into a graphic artist? Probably not. Will I have a lot of fun integrating the device into my life? Yup!

I hope everyone had a Christmas that was bountiful and pleasing as it was to be with the CamMad family today! Merry Christmas to all and a good night!

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Um...you're going to a place in my backyard where Mickey will cut the children??????? Yikes! Parenting is a tougher job than I realized.

Glad that the holiday went well in some respects! It is a pretty exciting time for the kidlets and that can make it interesting, to say the least. Rest up and get ready for the next round...

 
At 5:55 AM , Blogger mrichme said...

Sheepish and everyone else. The quote was from Rocky so Mickey refers to the trainer not to the cat. Sorry for any confusion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home