Thursday, January 12, 2006

Dealing with the idea that you are outnumbered

In the CamMad household I'm in the minority in so many ways (please I don't want your pity). The area that gets me at times is when CamMad reject me in favor Parent2. After a bad and long day at work I really was hoping to be able to "enjoy" my time with CamMad before they go to sleep (whatever time that might be). As is the norm CamMad always prefer time with Parent2. At times it makes me very jealious and envyious of the relationship Parent2 has with CamMad. The logical side of my brain says Parent2 wishes to have my relationship with CamMad (the anti-clingon). The emotionally side (yes there is one...okay it may be a very small part of me) craves the attention CamMad shows Parent2.

Tonight is gymnastics night for CamMad. It was wonderful watching CamMad playing with the parachute. Child2 was having so much fun playing Lifeguard and Shark. The laughter was very contagious to those around Child2. Child2 might be ready this summer for the beginner class. With the number of doctor's visits already I hope gymnastics would not present more visits based on the track record.

Sleeping for Child2 is still an adventure. Tonight started at 6:30 and it is still going on (with no end in sight). Silly time may need to make a return in the CamMad household just to makeup with the winter blues and get CamMad to sleep without the aid of Benadril (or whatever drug you want to substitute) or the mallet. DHS probably wouldn't look too kindly to that type of "sleep-aid".

1 Comments:

At 8:53 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

As a mandated reporter and contracted service provider for the Department, I will look into it and get back to you. I've heard worse...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home