Sunday, September 10, 2006

Finally a Patriot Sunday

When I woke up this morning I had this feeling I hadn't had in a while, sort of a nervous energy. I then realized what that energy was centered around, Patriots football. It was a Sunday and we had a meaningful game. Normally I would have lounged around this morning and enjoyed a morning of doing what I want around the house when I want to do it but not today. I wanted to get all of the errands we didn't get done yesterday as quick as we could so I would be home in time for the pregame show and the openning kick.

We got everyone in the car and started getting our errands done. The car ride was full of anticipation and excitement knowing the game was coming up. I was able to listen to the pregame show on the radio. Errands were done quickly (despite some of the inept employees who work on Sunday mornings) and we made our way home in plenty of time.

CamMad had their outfits ready to go for game time. Child2 decided to take the famous nappy nap so I had to be on my best behavior. The Pats didn't give me too much to cheer about early. Fortunately Child2 woke up during halftime and so did the Patriots. Coincidence, that might be interesting. I might have to have Child2 take the nappy nap earlier on Sundays when the games are at 1:00 pm. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when the games are 8:15 pm!

Did I mention the superstitous side of me during the football season?

Child1 and I enjoyed popcorn and cheering when the good plays occurred. The only thing I was disappointed about the TV experience was the fact that the game was not in HD. TimeWarner and the local CBS affilate need to get on the same page. Where I live CBS is the only network that doesn't have the HD package on the local cable carrier. This is a travisty and I will be writing to the powers that be seeking a solution.

The most important thing here is that the Patriots won! Now I need to remember to get back into the swing of balancing my homework with football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home