Sunday, October 01, 2006

Weekend Recap

Sheepish complains about being in a rut in her blog. CamMad is in a rut. Our rut is not one by design, although I'm not complaining. We had the best of intentions on taking the kids to the Trolley Museum for their Pumpkin Patch Ride and/or go apple picking on Saturday before the bad weather came on Sunday.

Here's what we did do on Saturday. Child2 woke up with a runny nose. We made an executive decision to stay home and not have the runny nose any worse. Then came the long discussion around Mikey. We wanted to see how Child1 would handle additional responsibility around the house as a litmus test. In our eyes Child1 should a willingness to do more around the house and we made the necessary arrangments to bring Mikey to CamMad's house.

The interesting benefit of our work on Saturday was the fact that we have a much cleaner house as we all pitched in a started to make things "kitty" proof. The logic I'm selling is if we can have the house picked up for Sunday night then we need to maintain Monday-Friday. We need all hands on deck to keep this goal going as CamMad has the habit of making clutter appear from nowhere.

Sunday was a traditional Patriots Sunday. Work in the morning and dedicate the afternoon to football. The only problem was at 12:45 when I was getting everything ready I realize the game is not until 4:15, ugh! I made lemonade out of the situation and did some great curriculum planning around my first grade Nursery Rhyme unit.

4:15 rolled around and everyone was doing something different. CamMad was playing and stalking the cat. Parent2 was doing something (I was too focused on the game) and I was getting ready for kickoff. The game was the way I like it, tough first half but the Patriots dominate in the second half.

As I type this I'm starting my transition to a long week full of stuff (politics) at work. Have a great week (with a long weekend as a reward).

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

A long weekend with bowling!!! Yay! What is it like to have a clean house? I haven't had one in years...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home