Thursday, December 21, 2006

We are another day closer

There is definitely an inverse relationship to the number of days until Christmas and children's level of excitement (yes I did well in math). CamMad is getting more and more excited as we approached that magical day in their lives. Getting to sleep each night is interesting as they say "I'm too excited to go to sleep!" they are going down pretty easy. I think they are so tired that the excitement just wears them out.

Tomorrow we start to turn up the holiday stuff up a notch as work takes a siesta and family preparations takes center stage. Ironically the 'rents have work-related projects that we're trying to get done during the vacation (mine is related to the great idea from last night). Oh well! There should be a lot of time to dedicate to the family and enjoy our company despite the fact that this siesta is short and extended family obligations are going to tie up a lot of time.

I'm hoping that we're done xmas shopping. Tonight I picked up the final gift card for the Yankee Swap that no one is excited about but we're doing it for the "family". Now we've got to start assembling and wrapping. Last year we were up very late. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this year. I think I'm going to try to get CamMad out of the house on Saturday long enough for Parent2 to get a head start. Who knows what fate has in store for us.

Until the next posting...

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I'm not going to make it. I will have a complete, raving breakdown on the last day...probably sometime in the last hour of the day. It will be ugly. It will probably be on the news and involve helicopters and hostage negotiators. Be prepared for a call...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home