Saturday, June 17, 2006

Almost everyone in the Cammad family is on summer hibernation

It's been a while since my last posting but I've been putting almost all of my energy and time into getting projects done at work so I can enjoy my summer hibernation.

Child1 is now officially a first grader. Wednesday Child1's class had their big celebration. I had a hand in it as I was asked to make a slideshow of their memories and accomplishments. I had a whole lot of fun doing it plus it gave me the excuse to try some features of iDVD and Garageband that I hadn't tried yet. The end result was predictable: parents loved it and the kids thought it was too long but enjoyable. Afterwards quite a few parents asked me for a copy but as a school we couldn't due to permissions to publish photos.

Enough about me, Child1's teacher and her counterpart spent a lot of time documenting all of the accomplishments of the children. Each child was presented with a canvas bag chalk full of memories. Thank you!

Child2 has been talking up a storm over the last couple of weeks. But now we are starting a new phase with the little one. We want to get rid of the investment we've made with Pampers for the last 6+ years. Early results are showing a curiosity but not a commitment. Yesterday we went to Wally-world and picked out some Dora underwear to help motivate Child2. We are also starting to see a stubborn streak. I will just leave it at that.

I forgot to mention it earlier but the thumbnail fell off for Child1 on Wednesday. The new nail is more defined than I thought it would have at this stage. The summer hibernation and all that goes with should be normal for Child1 and the thumb, which is great news.

The reason why I titled today's post the way I did was due to the fact that Parent2 still has 1 more day of school (Sheepish, how many days do you have left?) and 3 days of a class. I'm sorry but we're all here to support you.

This weekend you can expect posts on Father's Day and Summer Hibernation Goals. Until then...

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM , Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

The Sheep has 1 1/2 more days courtesy of the flooding that swirled about the region and kept her from educating the masses. The Sheep is not happy...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home